Ok, so secretly I write songs. all the time. And it's not really a secret, except that I don't like to share my work. Most of the time I write fragments that never get finished (not the Coleridge kind -- real fragments). But I've decided to start sharing a bit, because sometimes... well, sometimes I just like poetry better than prose.
Man In The Moon
Man in the Moon
I've got a question for you
Where do you go
When you leave the stars out alone?
Do you travel the world
Or play hide and seek with the sun?
Man in the Moon
When I close my eyes at night
Do you sing along
With all of the planets and stars?
To the music of the spheres,
I wish I could hear your lullaby
What kind of mysteries would you unfold
If only you knew how to speak?
And what kinds of secrets are yet to be told,
Are you waiting for us to believe?
Man in the Moon, you've been around for an awfully long time
Why don't you share the things that you've seen?
Help me to understand
How does an eagle fly without falling
The touch of a man lift a lady from the ground?
Why'd your Creator step out of heaven
To be like the people He made, the people He saved?
I always love your songs and this one is no different! Good stuff, Becca. Remember me when you're famous :)
ReplyDelete