Friday, August 20, 2010

"Apt E"

New song! Inspired by a couple of true stories, and some not so true.

Flowers on the table, muffins on the stove
Standing in the kitchen, the only place I know
That looks like home
Looking through the window, people passing by
Don't know their names, but I think I'm gonna try
To make this home

There's a stranger in the neighborhood
A new kid in town and she looks a lot like me
Places to go, faces to meet
Learning to stand on my own,
My own two feet

Spoke to you this evening, wishing I had known
You've got the kind of soul that echoes back my own
Yeah, you feel like home
Saw a man this morning, reminded me of you
Said I look familiar, I pretended it was true
Then he was gone

Life is what you make it
Home is where you take it
So take it along, take it along
Don't be afraid to say goodbye

There's a stranger in the neighborhood
A new kid in town and she looks a lot like me
Places to go, faces to meet
Learning to stand on my own
Learning how to be alone
On my own two feet

side note: this is my 50th blog post! I think that calls for celebration... maybe start by eating dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment