Sometimes, while I'm scan scan scanning at my cash register, I find myself staring at certain individuals -- namely, those who are male and wear cool shoes. Today I saw a relatively average guy wearing jeans, a t-shirt, and what I considered to be ugly shoes. My immediate reaction was, of course, "those shoes are really ugly." Not that I think he's a bad guy, but the kind of guy who picks out and pays for and walks around in those kinds of shoes probably wouldn't have much in common with me. Then I began to wonder if guys think about things like this. For instance, yesterday I wore brown leather Mary Janes. Today I wore lime green Chacos and then grey Toms, but only after spending most of the day in TredSafe foodservice shoes. I'm afraid I might have been unfair to the ugly-shod fellow; after all, those may be his work shoes... or the only ones he could afford. I felt very much ashamed of myself for having good taste, yet still I must say that I am simply not attracted to ugly shoes. Is it possible that some suitable suitor could see my shoes and turn the other way?* Furthermore, could it be true that somewhere out there my handsome prince charming is walking toward me in clod-hoppers? say it ain't so.
*This is to be considered an open question. Do guys really notice a girl's shoes and/or appreciate them and/or connect them with her personality?
*This is to be considered an open question. Do guys really notice a girl's shoes and/or appreciate them and/or connect them with her personality?
I normally don't notice shoes that much. Sometimes i can tell if they don't match or whatever. The only time I can say I do notice them is when things are kind of formal and people kind of dress up.
ReplyDeleteThanks guys! This subject came up last night in our college Bible study, and I mentioned that I had already blogged about the issue and shared your responses. Of course there was heavy laughter at the fact that I'd even thought about this... and I had to share my interpretation of the room's footwear...
ReplyDelete