I hate to blog twice in one day, but on a separate note... How narrow is my vision? When I think of my own life, all the complicated history and everyday details that form who I am, it blows my mind to think that even in this building there is human experience times eight. Now consider that each person has not only a physical existence, but a spiritual one. On both a physical and spiritual level, it is impossible for me to know everything that is going on around me. I can't wrap my mind around the thought that as I slept in my bed last night, someone in Africa gave birth to a child with AIDS and someone in Asia was eating lo mein and someone on a nearby street was committing a crime. All of this and more while I snuggled with my teddy bear and had strange dreams I wouldn't remember. Strange how we can miss things that are right in front of us... and how we can praise God for the very same wonders that are yet unknown. So I sang these lines to the Father who kept me safe when I didn't even know I was in the valley of the shadow of death, who cleaned the parts of me I didn't know were dirty, who gave me an appetite so I could be satisfied.
When I'm afraid in the shadow of death
Hide me under Your wing
When I'm dirty, a vessel of clay
Holy Fire make me clean
When I'm hungry and long to be satisfied
Fill me with Your Word, Bread of Life
When my body is weaker than my will,
Give me grace. I need Your grace!
To be used by You, to be set apart by You
To be suited for service to my King
Your eyes roam the earth
You are searching the world for one heart
You are searching the world for one heart to be completely Yours.
No comments:
Post a Comment