Monday, January 17, 2011

oh, I guess they'll say I've grown.

I just realized 2011 will possibly be my only full year of living in Tennessee, since I'm set to graduate next May. There are some things I want to accomplish, and this list is not exhaustive:

  • hike Mt. LeConte. 
  • eat at that little crepe cafe in downtown Knoxville, and the cereal bar.
  • wander around UT like I'm a student and have the experience of nobody noticing I don't belong (unless I happen to run into one of the 3 people I know there, who will want to know what's up). 
  • go to Nashville.
  • find a good farmer's market.
  • go to open mic night at the coffee shop.
I'm back here in my little den, enjoying the fox trot music from my record player, and life is so good. I'm writing a book, which I plan never to publish except under a pseudonym. That's part of my "be creative" goal for the year. I went to the gym earlier, which is part of my "be active" goal and also prep for some hiking (I hope!). This weekend I spent some great quality time with people, which falls under the "be someone's friend" goal. That one's my favorite. I also have a "go to bed on time and get your act together!" goal, and I'm already up fifteen minutes late. So, I leave you with these pictures of something new I tried today.

pork, red sauce, rice, and kimchi
...rolled up in a cabbage leaf

1 comment:

  1. so interesting...Nashville has a lot of Christian artists living/affiliated there.
    I want to go someday too.
    - the food your eating is interesting, never thought to eat anything rolled in a cabbage leaf. Though I do like cabbage.
    -- I'm glad you are setting goals..makes more things able to get accomplished

    ReplyDelete