Monday, March 14, 2011

from the yellow kitchen

  While I was in Romania a couple of years ago, I kind of developed this distaste for mixes. While I do appreciate the value of a few minutes saved, I realized that summer that I only knew how to cook/bake things that involved "just adding water." I added "cook something from scratch" to my to-do list, and now I'm hooked.

  This weekend I got in a hurry and baked some of those 10/$10 brownies, and I might as well have been chewing a piece of chocolate beef jerky. I guess you really do get what you pay for. Let me confess that I still use my instant pancake mix (I only cook pancakes when I'm in a hurry, anyway), but I wanted to share two recipes that have become staples in Apt. E.

Blueberry Muffins
(I like to buy blueberries when they're on markdown and keep them in the freezer. Then I can throw them in a smoothie or pancakes whenever I feel like it!)
Ovaltine Holiday Brownies

No comments:

Post a Comment