A love song I wrote to autumn. A few months late, but oh well.
(for audio, click the "more variety" link to your right)They say fall is a purging
The world is ablaze
Wind sweeps the remnants of life away
Oh, I am swept away
Autumn leaves, we’re falling in love
You bring me to my knees
A downpour, a cleansing flame
Till only truth remains
I do believe, I believe in innocence!
We can be new again!
With my branches laid bare
I dance in the breeze
My hands are empty and I am free
Oh, my hands are clean and my heart is free
The smoke, it rises
Tears in my eyes
The snow falls
Cool on my tongue
I will sing again
Sing a new song
Sing love la la la la la la
Autumn leaves, we’re falling in love
We can love again
No comments:
Post a Comment