Results are in! If you haven't voted yet, feel free to do so, but what took so long?
(These are not intended to be statistically useful. I'm an English major, people, puhleez.)
An overwhelming majority (4/5) agree that regular coffee is the best. Of course this is because it is, in fact, the best UNLESS you need to sleep some time in the next 6 hours. However, I must add that a dear sister in Macedonia assured me it's all in your head. If you think the coffee will keep you awake, it will, but if you don't think it will, it won't -- even if it's Turkish style at 10pm. You can be the judge of that.
Among girl respondents, a gotee would be the preferred facial hair to wear for one day, with the exception of one lady (and I presume to know who *coughkelseycough*) would rather have a handlebar 'stache.
Apparently only one member of the male species reads my blog, and he would be willing to carry a purse for a day -- err, European handbag, right? More power to ya, man.
Had an even number of voters participated, there might have been a tie for the grossest-kitchen-presence. Votes for "food in the dishwater" and "retro orange wallpaper" were 3 and 2, respectively. I personally want to gag when I find (with bare hands) food in the dishwater, which is why I never let anyone help me wash dishes. They may not be enlightened and would put in a plate full of ketchup and crumbs. I don't have orange wallpaper, only an orange backsplash and range hood, with tiny yellow wall tiles that I've surprisingly come to love. I think they're charming. But only because they're not orange.
Three of you are tech savvy and love your iPod. I will give the touch version credit, since I was able to download and listen to a BrookHills podcast using the wifi at the gym today. I also love controlling my old school one through my car stereo -- genius! However, I heartily agree with the two voters who chose "vinyl" and "in the car with the windows down." The truth is that I have listened to music in all three formats today: Bob Dylan on vinyl, Taylor Swift with the windows down, and Mumford & Sons on my iPod at the gym. The truth is good music is just good, it doesn't matter where or how. Quality is quality.
Whoa, Nelly! I think we could form a support group for victims of what I like to call "road bullies." You know what I mean... most of them have tags from some county in the metro Atlanta area. It's unanimous, bullying has to STOP. What if we extended that public school initiative to the interstate? Oh wait, those are called traffic laws.
The final question reads like this: How do you celebrate a success or fortunate event?
Responses: eat ice cream, do something fun, eat ice cream, do something fun, eat ice cream.
I know those are the choices of five different people, but I wouldn't complain about that exact order of events. Come to think of it, that pretty well describes my entire trip to Italy this summer.
Thanks for participating, everyone! Sorry about promising you a prize... but didn't you have fun and waste at least a half hour on the Ben & Jerry's website? :) Hey, that's ice cream and fun! Score!
I pity the fool who DOESN'T want a handlebar moustache (now that my best friend lives in Britain, I definitely favor the British spelling).
ReplyDelete