Sunday, March 28, 2010

learning about me

Sometimes learning about myself can be fun. For example, finding that I am capable of riding my bicycle with one hand on the handlebar and one holding a cup of coffee. That was a life-altering and exhilarating discovery. I'll never forget the day I discovered onions, when I learned to like asparagus, when I came to grips with my frizzy hair...

the night I realized that I'm a stick in the mud.


Not just one night, but several. It happens all the time. I have journal evidence.
"May 30, 2009: Here's an unpleasant truth... I am a stick in the mud, a party-pooper."

There are certain situations that annoy me! I don't like being in the library, a supposedly quiet place, and hearing someone's conversation about the weekend. I hate it even more when I'm that person, because I know what it's like to have my evening rendered fruitless by distraction.
I also get very uncomfortable when I'm in the car with someone who's speeding (and by "speeding" I mean more than about ten over). I sometimes walk out on conversations about Harry Potter or speaking in tongues or alcohol or contemporary worship services, because... well, I'm Baptist, I'm conservative, and quite frankly, I like hymns. I also happen to think that some of you "traditional" types could benefit from some black gospel influence. I really like a good blended service. I'm ok with not drinking.

I can't break rules. I hate conflict and negativity. I get angry when people complain. I complain about them. I think everything should be fun.

I like quiet nights in, emphasis on quiet.

I'm unsociable after 10:00 pm.

This is what I'm learning about myself this week: I really don't make much sense.

1 comment:

  1. I would like to comment that I love you and the "Labels" for this particular post!

    ReplyDelete