It's a lovely Sunday afternoon, and I'm sitting on my bed eating a Banquet chicken pot pie and enjoying the Mel Brooks marathon on AMC. My clothes are in the dryer, the AC is on, and in the background I hear the pleasant hum of a microwave. *BEEP* My roommate pulls out her steaming, tasty-smelling, no-longer-frozen dinner. The cafeteria is closed every weekend. Dinner tonight: your choice of a hot pocket or peanut butter sandwich.
Yes, friends, this is it -- summer school. This summer I am completing my college experience by doing some things I've never done before. First of all, I'm on campus. Secondly, I'm taking a professor most people don't like. So far, so good! Each day consists of much sleep, much facebook, people watching (camper watching) in the cafeteria, and possibly a trip to the gym. I usually work in a bowl of cereal somewhere.
This may sound pretty boring, and honestly it is, but I'm trying to appreciate the quiet. I must admit it's strange seeing the places I spent my past four years, but without the most of the friendly faces I grew to love. But I like to think of it as a little something different, almost like being somewhere new. After all, this campus is nothing like it was a little over a month ago. I'm in a different dorm, and in this first week I've already made some new friends -- friends like the swimming pool, the microwave, and the weight room. And that professor? She's hilarious. I guess some things are all about perspective.
No comments:
Post a Comment