I hate when my most recent blog entry happens to seem a little blue... so I decided I needed to fix that.
Who of you out there in blog-land has ever played the game of Pit? My life was definitely changed last night in this loud, pushy, selfish commodity-trading game. I love games that force me to be the opposite of who I really am! I am neither loud nor pushy, although sometimes a bit selfish -- quietly selfish, but selfish nonetheless.
Equally useful in reminding us of our real selves are the old friends who made us so. Nothing is more soothing to a wandering soul than a visit with someone broken-in and cozy, and better yet, two someones! In a town that as of right now is filled with many many familiar strangers, I was delighted to have house guests from Georgia this weekend. Bless them for wandering downtown Knoxville, hiking to Grotto Falls, and lounging on the sofa with me. I'm so glad we're all so different, because being together reminds me that we're really all so different -- you remind me of who I am. For that I must give you credit.
Time to go to class now and learn how to make a pronunciation syllabus. I can't wait to be a good teacher.
No comments:
Post a Comment