Monday, November 15, 2010

thoughts, please? que piensan?

ok, here's a hypothetical scenario for you, and I want your honest opinion -- not the one that sounds good, but the one you would say if you knew nobody cared what you thought.

A church hosts a wine tasting and uses the admission proceeds to benefit their poverty/hunger relief ministry.

That's it. What do you think about this? I don't want a theological debate, and I don't care if your answer is Scriptural. I want to know what YOU, personally, think. (If you don't want anyone to see your answer, just say so, and I won't publish the comment. I would just like some perspectives on this.)

2 comments:

  1. (this takes some critical analysis)..obviously the people at the church/members don't care about other opinions toward alcohol. Some people (christians) do drink on occasion or in social situations. Many people use wine in their cooking on regular basis. However because I don't drink, I may have a problem with the use of alcohol.
    Other people who aren't christians may also have problems, calling the church organization hypocritical. On the other hand..if the proceeds were going to a good cause, then it may not be such a problem. BUT Perhaps they could have chosen some other food/beverage instead of what may cause confusion/questions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See how i already expressed my opinion, i saw this the other day and thought of the blog check it out
    http://www.charitywater.org/blog/the-macallan/
    "Turning whisky into water." haha

    ReplyDelete