Thursday, March 17, 2011

you are what you eat -or- the power of suggestion

Last week I watched an episode of Cake Boss. That man makes me nervous... and being nervous makes me hungry.

So began the struggle with a fierce cupcake craving. At first I refused, which worked for awhile. After a good long hike Saturday, I deserved a treat, but settled for a brownie and ice cream instead. And another bowl of ice cream the next day. And the next day. Ice cream with peanut butter. Ice cream with 3-day-old brownies.

Last night I stood over that carton of Moose Tracks, picking out all the candy pieces, and couldn't stop wishing my spoon was a cupcake. Today I gave in and bought a $2 strawberry cupcake from the bakery. Someone was sitting on my favorite bench, so I settled for this odd seat built into a brick wall. I'm not sure what I enjoyed most -- the cupcake, or the smiles from people walking by as a shower of crumbs and sprinkles rained down from my chin. I don't mind looking silly when I'm eating a delicious cupcake on a sunny afternoon.

There's a funny thing about sugar: the more you eat, the more you want.

The same goes for sunshine.

1 comment:

  1. I think that he's so stressed he makes everyone else feel that way..until they have a cupcake..Enjoy many more!

    ReplyDelete