Saturday, May 5, 2012

last days of high school

In Geometry, Room 21: 8 out of 18 people in this room are asleep, including the student worker. Today is my last day. I would gladly sell my class notes to anyone for a dollar so I could buy a Cherry Coke.

Lunch: Apparently "pues" is the Spanish equivalent of "like." Hispanic teenagers say it way too much. It has a literal meaning, but most of the time it just starts and ends phrases. Good to know.

3rd Period, Room 18: What is it like not to care about school? What is it like to be a Muslim student? What is it like to be good at science/teach it? Why is it so cold in here? Why does the "bell" sound like an alarm clock? Why do these kids like me?

In the hallway: I spent about 5 minutes figuring out how to help my child grow up understanding that he or she was adopted. Why? I don't have an adopted child. Oh look, that's the first time I've ever seen that boy awake. Good to know he has eyeballs behind those eyelids.

4th Period, Room 15: The soccer team isn't here today, and this is the first day the room hasn't smelled like sweaty gym shorts. Coincidence? I think not.

Other: Oh, so that's how you call someone a dumba** in Spanish. Good to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment